complete Fyziklani rulesOrganisational regulations
These rules are only brief reminders. Complete rules and organizational rules can be found in the links above.
- The competition is held online for 3 hours between teams of 5 high-schoolers, who attend two different high schools at most.
- It is possible to participate in the English or Czech language only.
- The problems are lined up in series. Each of the series is published at a particular time. Details will be published before the competition.
- All problems are marked according to the number of submitted answers: the first answer is correct - 5 points; the second answer is correct - 3 points; the third answer is correct - 2 points; the fourth or later answer is correct - 1 point.
- If a team finishes a series, they get bonus points - equal to the number of correctly answered problems in that series.
- If the team answers some problem incorrectly, they will not be allowed to submit an answer for 1 minute.
- At the beginning of the competition, all teams receive 6 following bonus cards.
- Skip the problems - the team can skip an arbitrary number of problems they are currently solving.
- Reset points - the marking scheme of the problem is reset, the team can get 5 points for a correct answer again.
- Double points - if the first answer submitted after using this card is correct, the team receives doubled points for the answer.
- Add one problem from a series - the next problem from a chosen series is revealed, the team can therefore solve more problems from the series at once.
- Hint (only some problems) - the team can read a hint to the solution (only some of the problems have hints).
- Multiple choice - the team receives 4 possible answers to the question, one of them is correct.
- Teams are permitted to use the internet and any literature as a source of information.