Weekend programme after the competition
Fyziklani is not only the one day competition – we offer also an interesting programme full of physics. You can enjoy physics lectures from the scientists from the university, see the real laboratories and also the beautiful city od Prague. We can provide you with accommodation in a hotel for the whole time.
You can register for the programme in the application for the competition and choose what part of the programme you want to take part in. Detailed information will be provided the day before the competition. Organizers will accompany you during the whole programme.
The programme starts by rout in the evening after the competition. Specific times can be found on the website with programme.
Rout – Friday 19:00 – 23:00
There will be a rout for all participants and teachers. Transfer will be collective with organizers. The rout ends at 23:00 with the transfer to the TOP Hotel.
Physical lectures – Saturday 9:00 – 11:30
An interesting lectures in physics for high school students and teachers in czech and english.
- Electron microscopy and materials in our vicinity - english lecture by docent RNDr. Miroslav Cieslar, CSc.
- Electron microscope is a standard research tool enabling a study of a structure of materials with a resolution better than 1e-10 m. The superior resolution originates from a very short wave-length of accelerated electrons, which is by 5-6 orders shorter than the wave-length of a visible light. A principle of electron microscopy will be explained in the lecture and several examples of unexpected features observed in some common materials from our vicinity will be shown.
- How important is the space weather for us? - English lecture by professor RNDr. Zdeněk Němeček, DrSc.
- The lecture briefly touches following topics: space weather definition, space weather and meteorology, solar wind and interplanetary magnetic field, magnetic reconnection, formation and structure of the magnetosphere, major solar wind disturbances, geomagnetic storms and their consequences.
Lunch - Saturday 12:00 - 13:30
Lunch will be at the food court of mall Palladium.
Guided city tour - Saturday 13:45 - 16:15
Guided city tour will start before the building of Palladium. It's at metro station Náměstí Republiky.
Prague Planetarium 17:00 - 19:00
Planetarium is situated in the park Stromovka. You can get there from the tram station Výstaviště Holešovice.
Excursions – Sunday 9:30 – 11:30
There will be excursions in the laboratories of The faculty of mathematics and physics at Karlov. Each excursion will last approximately 20 minutes. You can store your luggage in the locked room, where the closing ceremony of Fyziklani will take place.
- The division of biomolecular physics – laboratories of the Raman spectroscopy
- The division of biomolecular physics – modeling of biomolecules and potencial drugs
- The department of physics of materials – electron microscopy
- The department of condensed matter physics - experimental methods of measurement under hydrostatic pressure and at low temperatures; preparation of monocrystals - methods of preparation, how crystals grow and why we prepare them